Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, November 29, 2009

I have been trying for days to change the background of my blog to one of my own designs, but I simply cannot get it to span the entire width. There must be some code I'm missing! Thanks to Bonnie van Esch, I have this gorgeous vintage floral background to use until I can figure this out.
I am happy to say that I managed to get clickable buttons to run across the top under my header to direct you to places on my blog as well as to Weeds and Wildflowers (where I am part of the creative team).

If you like mine. you can check out http://www.bloggerbuster.com/, that's where I found out how to do this. So easy actually- you simply copy and paste some standard code, then you change some colours if you like and change the wording, add the links - also just a case of substituting your link - and voilĂ , there you have it.

The next step would be to figure out how to change these simple buttons to cute customized ones.... mmmm challenges, challenges!

We're having a good old Sunday lunch today, complete with Roast lamb, veg and roast potatoes. Leon's mom is coming over and my parents will eat with us too, so we're going to have a bit of a family lunch.

I have taken out the Christmas decorations, but cannot find the base for the tree. I distinctly remember telling Leon last year "Remember the base isn't with the tree, here it is, let's not forget where we put it" - and guess what - I have forgotten where it is! Isn't that just "Murphy" getting up to his old tricks again!?

I have to make a concerted effort to find it today so we can get the tree off the snooker table and the decorations off the sofa in the living room!

This week should be a little less stressful than all the running around I did last week. We have Shannon's Grade 6 Thanksgiving service at school tomorrow night - her last 'offical' school function before she moves up to the High School next year. Reece has his pool party on Tuesday where the kids take swimming costumes and spend the morning at the school pool. Then Friday is the last day of school and Shannon's end-of-year singing concert and awards.

Saturday we're off to Olifants for a few days - so looking forward to that!

Last week I went with Shannon and a few friends to see the premier of New Moon, the latest movie in the Twilight series. We really enjoyed it. 2 1/4 hours flew by so quickly. I think it's better than the first movie. It's such an escape from reality, I love those vampires LOL! :)


I had to buy iron-on transfer paper to make a T-shirt for my Twilight-obsessed daughter! She had me driving all over to find the (rather expensive) paper so I could make a T-shirt for her. There simply was no time to even think of trying to order one online.

I have to admit (eek) that I copied a T-shirt off the internet for her. Well, sort-of. I made the design myself and changed it a bit. the original paid tribute to Edward, Shannon's had to pay tribute to her favourite character, Emmett.

Here's what it looked like:


Cute idea! So all credit to the original designer, whoever that may be. It certainly was a hit with Shannon!

Well, duty calls, I have to go get things moving in the house (uggh) : unpack the dishwasher, check school clothes for tomorrow and make a shopping list so I can go to Woolworths to pick up some food for lunch etc etc...

PS: There are great Black Friday sales on at W&W's this weekend - so go click on my new little button at the top of the blog ;o) and take a peek at what's on sale. There are also 3 new "Sweet & Simple" Christmas kits just released.

1 comment:

Ragan said...

Hi Veronica! I just sent you an e-mail and thought I'd let you know here in case it went to your spam folder.