Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, January 8, 2009

I feel like all I have done lately is clean! The washing machine & dishwasher goes all day; the clothing line is never lacking in clothes and the kitchen sink is never empty! Judith- I'm looking forward to you returning to work on Monday! We need our clothes ironed!! (I'm really useless at ironing!- I sent Leon's work clothes to the laundromat for ironing this morning!).

One thing I am happy about is that while cleaning, I also end up getting more organised - That is, I end up moving things around. I have repacked my kitchen cupboards and even moved certain things to other cupboards which makes it a more user-friendly kitchen. When we moved in 3 years ago, the house was 3 months away from being actually 'finished'. So we moved in with some kitchen cupboard doors missing (among loads of other incomplete things) , the result- I simply dumped the kitchen stuff into the nearest cupboard, trying to make it orderly, but never actually user-friendly. I have now got things nicely where I want them. (Hope it stays that way!)

Shannon begins her singing classes today again. This just indicates to me that the year is finally getting underway and returning to some semblance of normality after the festive season and 7 weeks of school holidays. On Wednesday, the kids return to school and I look forward to it as I can get back into a routine and they can refrain form using the words "I'm bored" and "What can I do" (when they each have a playroom full of toys and games; a 1 hectare garden to play in; a swimming pool and a trampoline!).

I am now going to download my photos for my Project 365 challenge- and hopefully get around to completing my first week's layout! I have set myself the goal of staying up to date, not only with the photos, but with the completion of my weekly layouts too. I definately don't want to end up with 52 layouts to complete at the end of this year!

Now to download those photos ...... Vxx

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Lucky you! I am dying to get organised, my kitchen is a mess. But I am going to be pacing up soon, so it seems pointless. So now i am just living with the mess.

Veronica said...

LOL! Have you not actually moved to JHB yet?